Leaving 2017, if you want the truth I could almost pinch myself because of how well things are going. It truly doesn’t feel like the last day of 2017 – Christmas came and went before we knew it and now we are headed feet first into another year.
In 2018, I want to feel peace within. I want all of the scars on my soul to fade away. I will fight every thought I have about not being able to do something. Because I have had enough negative thoughts and energy in the last 2 years and that is NOT something I plan to keep doing in the next year and the years to come.
“So 2018, ready or not, here I come – stronger than ever, one year smarter.”
In 2018, I am leaving my past where it belongs.
I don’t want to continue to think about the mistakes that I’ve made nor how they have affected my life. Instead, I want to focus on what’s in front of me. I don’t want to be harsh on myself just because I failed to do something right, or heaven forbid I focused too much time and energy on something that absolutely destroyed me – after all, everything is a learning opportunity. All of the things that happened have shaped me into the person I am today. I don’t want to feel bad about it anymore – I just want to let it go.
Speaking of letting go, I want to let go of something else – all of the toxic people who made a mess out of living my life.
I don’t want to have any contact with them because I love my life, those who are special to me and the positive energy they add to my life, and I don’t want them to ruin it. I don’t want to listen to them gossip about others because they’ll surely do it about me, as well. I just want to be far away from them because they don’t have the positive energy I crave. I will let go of anyone who makes me think I’m not improving or succeeding. I’ve already had my fair share of temporary people who were supposed to be my friends, I’ve had people telling me that they love me in one moment and turning their backs on me the very next – and I’ve also had people who promised me to be there to just go and disappear when I needed them most. I won’t tolerate people coming into my life to make me feel sad – if they’re a part of my life, they need to earn their place there. Positive Vibes.
In 2018, I want to stop trying to be someone I am not just to fit in.
I don’t want to be someone people will mold into the shape of their own taste. This time, I want to be the real me, even if it means that others will turn their backs on me (see above.) So far I’ve learned that it is better to be alone than in bad company…. hence my solitude? I will make myself a priority, not an option. I have decided that is the way to happiness and I’ll get there sooner rather than later.
In 2018, I am focusing on my story.
I don’t want to be a side character in someone else’s story. And when I turn back at the end of 2018, I want to tell myself that this year was the year when things actually changed. I want to know that in that year I made some new goals I was able to achieve. I want to feel that I made some of my wishes come true and that I put myself on the path I’ve chosen.
I’m in this skin forever and I need to fall in love with the girl inside.
I love, love, LOVE setting goals for myself. I think that maybe it’s my stringent Type A personality, but goals make me feel alive – they truly add fuel to my fire. With that said, the 2018 personal goals I’ve set look vastly different than the 2017 personal goals I set last year.
(By the way, happy one year anniversary, you guys! Sip Wine, Share Thoughts turns one next week!)
This year, I’m making a list of just 5 goals because, well, change. The changes that are happening, as well as the ones that are upcoming require me to just embrace them vs. trying to go above and beyond x’s 100 and trying to control them like I am normally used to doing.
- Family.Commit to helping my dad through this roller coaster that he’s dealing with every single chance that I can. This, besides just embracing the other changes in my life, is probably my number one goal. I don’t talk a lot about what’s going on with my dad, simply because he’s such a private person but he needs me more than this is worth right now.
- Health.This isn’t about weight loss – although my weight will be effected. I need some serious gut healing so I can start to feel better – physically and mentally. This is going to take some work – I’m doing a lot of research on ‘gut healing’ and what I can do to fix the issues I’ve been having (that have been pretty ongoing for the last few years…few meaning like 10 or more.)More on this later.
- Blog.Sip Wine, Share thoughts has grown immensely over the past year. I’m looking forward to continuing with that as I’ve got more expansion topics planned, as well as roughly 6-7 posts I’ve been working on. In addition to the usual things I love sharing with you – fostering, minimalist lifestyle changes, and solitude mindsets – there are so many other topics I have been tucking away that will surface this year.
- Younique.I know some of you probably just rolled your eyes and that’s totally fine! I’m looking forward to hitting Elite Green Status this year – sit back and watch! And if you think in the back of your head you’d like to try some epic mascara – pencil me in and I’ll hook you up!
- Financial.This is a major goal that we’ve already put a pretty good dent in over the last few months. I more than anything would like to become‘financially sound.’ Consolidate some things, pay off even more things. Here’s to becoming more financially stable!
I am super comfortable with where I’m at right now and only have plans to keep doing the same things I’ve been doing the last several months with a few extra set in ‘mental stability goals’ that I mentioned at the beginning of this post – because it’s working, all of it. Consistency works. It really, truly does.
I don’t expect that the year ahead will be predictable – If anything, I expect it to be anything but. It’s going to be super unpredictable, so I’m prepared to just roll with my 2018 personal goals one day at a time. Here’s to 2018, here’s to 25!
What about you? Did you create 2018 personal goals? If so, what are they?